View Profile benjaminratterman

65 Art Reviews

Man that thing is built really well!

Nothing looks unatural with the design and you render it very realistically as well.

The lighting is really great as well and you really use it to give the gravity of the situation, that this creature is probably as big as a city!

Excellent job!

Dude she is shredding!

I think you really got the body really accurate to reality with this piece, so it hits really well and pulls you into this guitar hero idea.

I just love the idea of someone who is a horror monster jamming during their freetime as well, it's not an uncommon idea to do... but it's more about the exicution!

Hope to see more great work like this!

AvtandilGvaramia responds:

Thank you! Appreciate it!

I really love the material feeling on the character.

It has that real look of a latex suit, with scattered reflections and the tightness on the body.

I also think the lighting/environment gives a really interesting vibe to the piece.

It feels a bit surreal, but in a good way.

Your style with this piece is giving me like a Gorrilaz vibe as well which imo is pretty neat.

I'm really interested in seeing more work from you!

Spencecart responds:

Thank you!

I few things you might find interesting: The texture of the outfit was a bit of an accident, because I wanted latex at first, but then when I got into it I softened it into a something more like lycra.

The background is a nuclear test called Operation Wigwam, this plays into the alchemic reference in his pose and specifically the writing and pose of his arm.
Thanks again!

My name is Benjamin Ratterman, or Benney if you prefer nicknames. I'm 21 years old and have been going to the Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design (MIAD) since 2018.
I am primarily an illustrator and love to work with animal-based characters.

Benjamin Ratterman @benjaminratterman